Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome to Soc. 220 Blog for Fall '09

Welcome to this blog for Sociology 220: Sociology of Criminal and Deviant Behavior for the Fall '09. Let me fill you in on what we will be using this blog for this semester:
(1) This blog is intended to give you another outlet for comments, discussion, and questions. In addition, I will be posting individual and "family" (or group) exercises from time to time for which you can earn activities points. For example, one family activity we will be doing prior to the midterm and final exams will be making up exam questions in which you will be called upon to contribute questions for both the midterm and final exams which will then be posted on this blog.
(2) This blog will also be used for occasional extra credit opportunities such as posting some brief reflections on an outside lecture or film you may attend that is relevant to this class.
(3) I may also use this blog to post lecture notes or comments relevant to what we covered in class, especially if I get behind. But do NOT expect me to do this all the time.
(4) THIS BLOG WILL BE THE MAIN VEHICLE I'LL USE TO CARRY ON CLASS IN THE EVENT THAT I COME DOWN WITH SWINE FLU.
(5) Finally, I will usually remind you in class if I have posted anything on the blog, but it would still be a good idea to check it a couple times a week regardless.

That's all for now, but I will soon (by the end of this week) have a little exercise for you which will involve posting some comments on this blog, so be looking for that.

No comments: