Friday, October 5, 2007

Reminders for Next Week

As I believe I mentioned yesterday, we are going to brainstorm some more questions on Tuesday, so please give some thought to short answer questions you believe should be on the midterm. We'll also get back to the theories. We still have three main theories to cover: Labeling, Social Disorganization, and Anomie; and I will also briefly outline some contemporary perspectives. I am anticipating that I may have to post some of this lecture material on the blog. On Thursday, of course, we will have our "singing the theories" contest, as well as review for the midterm exam which will be coming up the following Tuesday, Oct. 16th.Finally, I trust I have collected all of your essays. If not, get it to me ASAP; don't wait until next Tuesday. I hope to have them back on Tuesday, but given the time it has taken me to get through two sets of essays in my afternoon classes I may have to postpone handing them back until Thursday.

No comments: